Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Perforation by Laser
Transcript of Perforation by Laser
- Amplifier - Lasers that produce high temperatures could boost the porosity and permeability of rocks and reduces strength.
- High temperature causes microcracks, vaporizes cementation, and dehydrates clays. -Perforations are holes made through the steel casing wall and cement into the rock formation. Perforation by Laser ARAMCO Saudi Aramco was the first to began to think in a new perforation method using laser to get rid of the disadvantages of the ordinary perforation. Laser perforation causes thermal stresses that fracture a well’s surrounding rock, thus increasing permeability around the perforations. So it makes it easier to hydrocarbon to flow easily into the well. Disadvantages 1. Thermal effects that can affect the drilled hole. Also, Thermal shock may lead to micro-cracks in some materials.
2. The process to apply laser technology in perforation has much higher costs that conventional perforation. - Monochromatic
- Powerful Saamer Salem
Mohammed Ghazy Thank You !! Any Questions ?