Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
McDonalds Case Study
Transcript of McDonalds Case Study
MGE 10A CASE STUDY
Cantiller, Sarah Allyssa
Fabronero, John Mark
Lim, Kevin Daryll
Prof. Michael Agbulos
Objectives of the study
Identify problems encountered by the company.
Give the best possible solution to the corresponding problem.
. . . . Present
Richard and Maurice Mdonald opened a Bar-b-Q restaurant in San Bernardino, California.
"Speedy Service System"
Ray Kroc opened his franchise in Des Plaines, Illinois
"M" sysbol for its logo
Listing on public market
Kroc purchased Brothers' shares
McDonald's opened in Canada and Puerto Rico
Speedee is replaced by Ronald McDonalds.
McDonald's is now operating in 119 countries.
Chipotle Mexican Grill
Due to the company's concern for profit, Mcdonald's places less focus on the nutrition of its product affecting the health of its consumer/costumer.
Due to the company's desire for a greater profit, they committed criticisms from people around them leading to legal proceedings.
1. Good Marketing Strategy
2. Risk Taker
3. Well-trained people
4. Key personnel
5. Ability to adapt to changes
3. Struggle to meet consumer's satisfaction
Mcdonald's use their weakness as an opportunity to come up ways to improve their process while reducing the bad effect.
1. Health Issues
2. Less control
1. Waste Management
2. Market Segment or Diversification of products
3. Environment friendly
1. Health Issues ( Weakness)
One of the company's strategy is the Super Size Me meal, wherein it is said that it is contributing to obesity. Instead of continuing it as part of their menu for profit, they eliminated it and replace it with the adult happy meal.
2. Less Control ( Weakness)
1. Further reduce the use of unhealthy ingredients
2. Motivate employees and workers
3. Keep innovating products to keep customer intimacy
3. Labor (Weakness)
They have been criticized for poor labor record, the McDonalds released a new slogan called "not bad for a McJob", outlining that jobs have many opportunities.
They used the Hamburger University to educate their employees, franchisees to provide Quality, Service and Value
1. Criticisms/Lawsuits (Threat)
The company used these criticisms/lawsuits to improve their operations such as when they were criticized of their method of killing the chicken. They used the people's suggestions to lessen the harm.
3. Struggle to meet Customer Satisfaction
This will give them determination to innovate and make new products that will meet the needs and wants of their consumers and that will be competitive enough to be recognized by the customer and will not be at the losing end.