Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Scientific Revolution!! Day 1
Transcript of The Scientific Revolution!! Day 1
Do Now - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Rank these developments from LEAST important to MOST important!
After the Scientific Revolution, educated people placed more importance on what they
and with what they
with and less on what they were
Achievements of the Scientific Revolution
Reads the section out loud (so that your entire table can hear!!)
Chooses three sentences that show why this achievement is historically significant.
Creates a hashtag for each sentence chosen above.
Which field is more important for middle school students to study?
scholars in the Middle East
were already very scientifically advanced, this
time period brought many new
Before the Scientific Revolution, most educated people in
took guidance from
ancient Greek writers
or from the
Today, Thursday and Friday:
The Scientific Revolution!
I will pass information about the test.
Test review group activity
TEST: Renaissance/Reformation/Scientific Revolution
-30 MC questions
THE SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTION!
use to describe Galileo?
The Scientific Revolution was the series of events in Europe that occurred between
Science was a radical new idea. It was a completely new way of looking at the world.
Video: "Galileo Galilei - In a Nutshell"
Muslim scholars and the astrolabe
1. Bifocal glasses (that let you see close up and far away)
2. The Heliocentric Theory
3. Using evidence to prove a theory
4. The discovery of gravity
1. 2. 3. 4.
(the study of the stars and planets)
(the study of living things)