Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Andrew Carnegie
one cool cat
Born November 25, 1835
In Dunfermline, Scotland
Immigrated to the US in 1848
He worked his first job when he was 13, at a cotton factory. He started work as a telegraph messenger in 1850 and then co-founded a steel company in 1873.
He was a great philanthropist and gave back to his hometown and family all the time
His remaining 30 million dollars went to charities and foundations.
The company was usually total chaos.
Most of the workers only got paid pennies
nickles a day, because of the lack of
Around the 1880-90's Carnegie Steel experienced major innovations such as an open hearth furnace.
by 1900 Carnegie Steel produced more of the metal than all of Great Britain.
In 1892 The Homestead Strike occurs