Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Eurasian Empires 500 BCE - 500 CE
Transcript of Eurasian Empires 500 BCE - 500 CE
500 BCE - 500 CE
a politial system with coercive power
What is an empire?
Problems of Classical Empires:
conqueror of other states
use their resources
many ppl & cultures under 1 political system
impose culture on others
rule directly or thru others
how to get $$, while maintaining order
- spoke same language
-worshipped the same gods
Greece v. Persia
Alexander the Great
created a massive Greek empire!
- became known as the Hellenistic Empire
- Alexandrias everywhere!
Emperor Qin Shihungdi
unified the warring states
built parts of the Great Wall
Terra Cotta Army
How did the Persian and Greek civilizations differ in their political organization and values?
What were the consequences for both sides of the encounter betweens the Persians and the
How and why did the making of the Chinese empire differ from that of the Roman Empire?