Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of GAUDY Goals
What are Goals
- the result of achievement toward which effort is directed; aimed; end, a terminal point in a race
Gaudy Goals – flamboyant daring targets in which tireless effort is exerted to do what seems impossible
The Gaudy Difference
Two Masons 8 months into the job:
Henry grumbles and says: “Though I am grateful to have a job I am getting worn out on being a lowly stone-cutter.”
Stephen on the other hand beams with pride and boast saying: “Too bad; I was hired to build a world renowned cathedral!”
The High Life
“Set your goals ridiculously high and you will fail above everyone else’s success.”
We don’t set goals to not meet them, they are set so that we can reach towards something we have never accomplished before, despite our current status or perceived ability.
Reach for the Moon and you might just get the STAARS!
Turn to your neighbor and say Get It Ready!
Gaudy Goals and Student Expectations
Gaudy goals raise student expectations of you
Creates energy and momentum that did not exist before
Gaudy goals automatically increase student achievement
Fuels energy to get through the rough patches
The Gaudy Experience
Shannon Frazier, Teacher Specialist Elmore Elementary
- Gaudy - flamboyant, flaring, flashy, glitzy, ostentatious, razzle dazzle, splashy, swanky and daring
Teacher Gaudy Goals