Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TANK MAN
By: Cooper Fitzgerald
A man who stood in front of a column of tanks on June 5, 1989 the morning after the Chinese military suppressed the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 by force. The man who stood in front of the tanks became known as "Tank Man".
People think "tank mans" identity is Wang Weilin. Wang was charged with "political hooliganism" and "attempting to subvert members of the peoples Liberation Army". This claim has been rejected by internal communist party of China documents.
This is tank man at his "work".
Tiananmen Square protest
In 1989, after several weeks of demonstrations, Chinese troops entered Tiananmen Square on June 4th and fired on civilians. Estimates of death toll range from several hundred to thousands. Close to 10,000 people were arrested during and after the protests.
The morning after the chinese military suppressed the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 by force,the man who stood in front of the tank became known as tank man. Unknown Protester or Rebel we will never know who tank man is.
Thank you all for checking out my presentation about the one and only "Tank Man".