Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Job Analysis and Hiring Decision at Ovania Chemical
Transcript of Job Analysis and Hiring Decision at Ovania Chemical
Anne Redder Job Analysis and Hiring Decision
at Ovania Chemical Review Question 1 Summary Q: How would you go about conducting a job analysis for a job that does not yet exist?
- Use current job description as a base
- Look at similar companies equipped with the same machinery to gain perspective
- Consider the future machines and how they would be used in order to forecast the requirements needed for the future job
- Benchmarking Review Question 2 Q: What reasons did the selection committee have for selecting only those factors that could not be acquired in a two-year training program?
- Anything that could be trained will be taught to the employees on the job
- To gain "new blood" Review Question 3 Q: Should the concern for women getting down into the dirty treatment tanks have been a selection issue?
- Not specifically to just women
- There should be no gender discrimination
- BFOQ Review Question 4 Flyswatter! Q: Would this test battery and selection procedure be defensible in court
- No, because of the race and gender components - Ovania is a chemical company that specializes in plastic resins (packaging/containers)
- Competition has led them to modernize
- The company formed a committee to hire new people who will be able to handle the changing position.
-They create job tasks for the future position as well as personal qualities they feel are necessary in order to successfully carry out the job’s responsibilities.