Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fur Traders
2. They took the animal back to their house.
3. They had to get a knife and start skin the animal.
4. They had to dry the animal skin.
5. Then they had to make the animal skin into something like a hat.
6. DONE French people made the first fur trade posts in North America. A trade post is just a place where you can buy fur. Fur trading is worldwide. Lots of people used and demanded fur in the winter to keep warm. Fur traders were a very important part of the world. Without the Fur traders people in Canada may have died because of the cold weather. Beaver fur and otter fur were the most popular fur in the world. Buffalo fur was popular in the 1869-1871. They also used wolves, foxes, squirrels and rabbits pelts. (if you are wondering pelts means animal fur that has hair on it) After they were done skinning the animal fur they would immediately go and try to sell it while it still smelled like the animal. Sometimes the smell would make the walking by people buy the fur. While finding the animal and selling it was important. It was also important for proper transportation. They would use sleds and boats to get the fur and return it to there home where they could skin it. They used sleds when the snow was thick and hard to walk through. They used boats when they had pass a lake or river to get to the animal. Now time to make the... The ORIGAMI CANOE!!! It should look something like this when it is done I hope you all enjoyed this presentation and... The End There were 2 main trading companies the NWC or North West Company and HBC Hudson's Bay Company. The NWC was in Montreal from 1779 to 1821. The HBC was in Western Canada. The two companies were fighting. At the end they decided to merge. When the French came to Canada in 1608 the coureurs des bois spread out to be a special fur trading company. The coureurs des bois were one of the most popular fur trading companies. They are famous for bringing tons and tons of beaver pelts to Europe. But...