Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Deep Sea Angler Fish
Transcript of Deep Sea Angler Fish
Genus: Melanocetus Physical Statics Female:
5 - 8 inches long
Illicium and Esca Male:
1 -3 inches
No Illicium and Esca Bioluminescence Both:
Globose body shape
Dark Brown to Black
Skin reflects light Food Means of Reproduction Interesting Facts What is bioluminescence? How does the angler fish
use bioluminescence? Habitat The Midnight Zone
Knowledge of the Deep Sea Anglerfish Quiz 1. True or False : The male is independent and can survive on its own.
2. What is its scientific name?
A. Melanocetide Melanocetus
B. Melanocetus johnsoni
C. Melanocetus Chordata
D. Melanocetide Vessseles
3. Where does the anglerfish live?
B. The Bathyal zone
C. The O zone
D. The bathypalagic zone
4. True of False: Both male and female have bioluminescent lures on their head.
5. True or False: The Deep Sea Anglerfish’s common name is the black sea devil. 6. Male anglerfish can grow up to ______.
A. 1 inch B. 1 foot C. 5 inches D. 10 inches
7. True or False: Deep Sea Anglerfish are considered an endangered species.
8. True or False: The male anglerfish becomes a parasite to the female.
9. The female anglerfish can eat prey _______ its size.
A. twice B. 5 times C. 10 times D. 20 times
10. A female can carry up to _____ males on her body.
A. 2 B. 6 C. 20 D. 100 Board Game