Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Do You Think More Stringent Laws Should Be Placed On Deforestation?
Transcript of Do You Think More Stringent Laws Should Be Placed On Deforestation?
- Lack of oxygen
- Animals becoming extinct
- Large scale habitat destruction
- Nature being destroyed
- If trees die plants die How would you evaluate the impact of deforestation on the enviroment based on a scale of 1-10 Can you propose an alternative to Deforestation? What is The Contraversy? Deforestation may not seem like such a controversial topic, but it is. Many people think it's killing too many animals, harming the enviroment and it's not worth the risk. Others make a living from it (loggers). Deforestation may seem a bit unnesessary but it contributes to:
- Other Wood By- Products
So really what should we be thinking? Is there any way to meet in the middle? No. Deforestation provides the wood we need to live. It gives us houses and the things we need.Therefor, we need it. However, it should not be taken advantage of.There are ways to calm it down and ways to give animals a home. Deforestation:
PROS + CONS The pros of deforestation are:
- More Land
- Good for settlements
- More stores and restaurants
- Wood Products
- Houses NOW... The cons of deforestation are: - Animals lose housing
- The soil around the deforested area grows weak and brittle unabling new plants to grow
- Wastes because not all trees are used
- Kills land MY OPINION I think that it is unreasonable and unethical to stop deforestation all together. I think more laws should be placed in order to cause less animal extinction... THANK YOU :D DEFINITION: Deforestation is the removal of a forest or a stand of trees where the land is converted to a non forest use. ANIMALS THAT MOST COMMONLY LOSE THEIR HABBITAT DUE TO DEFORESTATION 1 2 3 4 Tiger "asian big cat" Topping the WWF aka World Wildlife Funds, thier populations have decreased by 40% over the last decade Mountain Gorilla Very endangered due to deforestation and habitat loss. An estimated 689 left in existence Javan Rhinoceros "Critically" endangered since 2009, the Javan Rhinoceros' population is now less than 60 because of habitat loss and forests being destroyed. Giant Panda The Giant Panda, AKA Ailuropoda melanoleuca species, has been endangered on and off over the past few years. Numbers around 1600 are reflecting their population. Their home is being deforested freequently due to a larger population of consumers...
5 Tiger Rhino Gorilla Panda Golden Lion Tamarin These little critters are rapidly decreasing in numbers, they live in rainforests which is unfortunate due to the fact that rainforests are most commonly deforested. Golden Lion Tamarin Types of Deforestation 1 2 The most commonly known type of deforestation is the CUTTING DOWN of trees The second most commonly know reason is forest fire or any other natural occurance <3 YOUR O p I N I o N