Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Thesis Statement Mini Lesson
Transcript of Thesis Statement Mini Lesson
Let's pretend my topic is....
Overeating Next, you want to decide which format you will use:
A. 3 causes & 1 effect
B. 3 effects & 1 cause If I pick...3 effects and 1 cause
Cause = Overeating
Effect 1 = Overweight
Effect 2 = Diabetes
Effect 3 = Depression Incorporate your cause and your effects in the thesis to allow your reader to know what to expect: Overeating causes weight gain, diabetes, and depression.
Other family members, depression, and stress cause overeating. Thesis Statements Now I know what your essay is about!
Yay for no guesswork! If I pick 3 causes and 1 effect
Effect = Overeating
Cause 1 = other family members do it, too
Cause 2 = depression
Cause 3 = stress Remember: A thesis is always a work in progress! Make sure to revisit your thesis when you are finished with your essay to make sure it still makes sense. Now...try to write your own