Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mentos in Different Sodas
Transcript of Mentos in Different Sodas
- If two mentos are placed into Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and Diet Coke, then the Mountain Dew and Mentos will produce the highest reaction.
-Discover how sugar affects the webbing on water molecules.
- See how the scientific method can be applied in a creative way.
- Some scientists had outstanding results like the one pictured to the right.
- A lot of experiments resulted in building high explosions.
-As you can imagine, our expectations were pretty high going in.
Dr. Pepper Results
- Our first reaction was less than pleasing.
- The soda traveled a mere 1 inch!
- This produced the lowest reaction.
Dr. Pepper Before Experiment
-Buy one 20 fluid ounce bottle of each soda type (Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, and Diet Coke) and a roll of mentos.
-Place the Dr. Pepper bottle on a flat surface against a wall marked in inches.
- Carefully place two mentos into the opening of the Dr. Pepper bottle.
- Stand back and record the inches the soda traveled to.
- Repeat with the other two sodas.
Diet Coke Results
- This time the soda traveled to a foot and 6 inches.
- This was the highest reaction we had gotten.
Diet Coke Before Experiment
Mountain Dew Results
-This one was not much better!
-The soda traveled only 2 inches.
- This soda produced the second lowest reaction of all of the sodas.
Mountain Dew Before Experiment
- Our hypothesis proved to be completely incorrect.
- The Diet Coke produced the highest reaction by far.
-All diet sodas?
- All regular soda?
- Test one type of soda and test different amount of mentos?
- Measure ounces rather than height?
-measured my sight
-measured against grooved wall
Amount of Soda
Type of surroundings