Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Men's Health
- the most common cancer in 25-35 year olds
- curable if detected early
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL!
- common after the age of 40
- don't be shy
- many treatment options, some better than others
male vs female fat - there are important differences....
- be intentional
- create a habit
- make good choices
- manage your risk
Prostate cancer screening:
- PSA blood test - not specific
- DRE - not sensitive
- Transrectal biopsy
- patient selection
Get to know your GP and discuss the sensitive issues early
...in light of my past history, my current situation and my future hopes....is it the WISE thing to do?
...often it is not what you think...
...in the light of my history, my current situation, and my hopes and dreams, what is the WISE choice...?
close the gap between what you need to do and what you are doing...
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit...? You are not your own; you were bought with a price.
Therefore honour God with your bodies
1 Cor 6:19-20
Whether you are unwell or care for someone who is unwell, bring these three approaches together:
Natural – be sure that everything that damages a human body is banished, and everything that does it good is maximised;
Medical – follow the best advice it is possible to find from the medical profession;
Prayerful – bring God's power and care in to the situation.
Henri Nouwen, Dutch priest, 1932 – 1996:
It would be just another illusion to believe that reaching out to God will free us from pain and suffering. Often, indeed, it will take us where we would rather not go. But we know that without going there we will not find our life.
Dr Andrew Corin, September 2013.