Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Walt Disney: a powerfull American multinational diversified mass media company
Transcript of Walt Disney: a powerfull American multinational diversified mass media company
Walt Disney Co. formed Sept. 1927
Oswald 1st character created 1930
1st Mickey comic published 1937
Snow White released (1st Disney movie) 1955
Disneyland opens 1966
Walt Disney dies 1971
First Disney World 1983
Disney Channel begins operation 1996
Disney buys ABC 2006
Disney buys Pixar DISNEY TIMELINE III-Disney : a Mass Media Company
A media conglomerate, media group, or media institution is a company that owns large numbers of companies in various mass media such as television, radio, publishing, movies...
In the US most of the news are controlled by one of those four corporations :
1) Walt Disney Company (ABC, Miramax, Walt Disney Picture, Pixar...)
2) Time Warner (CNN, Warner Bros Picture, Time magazine...)
3) General Electric (NBC, Telemundo, universal Pictures...)
4) News Corporation Media (Fox, NY post, wall street journal...) IV-Future of the company THREATS
Disney has different threats that could negatively impact its profitability in the future OPPORTUNITIES COMPETITORS
Sustain as a leader within the industry HIGH PRESSURE
Demand in terms of creativity and innovation HACKING
Proliferation of the
piracy in the media field DECLINE OF SOME
for example DVD SALE WITH NEW OR IMPROVE MARCHANDISES
New attractions to pull in the consumers GLOBALIZATION
Expansion into Europe, Asia or even South America V- IS THE MARKETING STRATEGY OF THIS MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISE EFFECTIVE IN ADRESSING ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL TOPICS?
-Marketing and strategy about green and responsible products and services limited CO2 emissions
-Key objective: creating great entertainment
-Using new technology
-New targets: growing their businesses in promising
-Reduce their footprint by limiting the use of water, recycling paper... Since when Walt Disney Company exist ?
a) 50 years
b) 100 years
c) 90 years What was the first Disney movie ?
a) The Little Mermaid
b) Snow White
c) Pinocchio How many Walt Disney's parks are there in the world ?
c) Seven Quote three companies owned by The Walt Disney Company. How Disney try to reduce its footprint by ?
a) limiting the use of water
b) Mickey has an electric car
c) limiting CO2 emissions How Disney can be considered as an actor of the globalization ? The hidden part of Disney
- A positive aspect : India
- A negative aspect : China Project manager Sacom, Debby Chan said that these practices defy "Chinese legislation in these plants yet certified by the International Council of Toy Industries," which states ensure working conditions "safe and humane". '
Extract of "Libération " - 7/12/2010 Bibliography -http://allanimation.wikia.com/wiki/Walt_Disney_Studios