Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Working thesis statements
Transcript of Working thesis statements
generally a sentence or two, the most important
thing readers will learn from reading your essay. A
thesis statement should be as SPECIFIC and
ARGUABLE as possible. What is a working thesis statement? Sometimes, we don't know what we really think
until we do some writing on a topic. So it's very
difficult to come up with a perfect thesis right
when you begin writing. A working thesis is a
rough draft of your thesis statement, and it
should evolve as your ideas evolve. I can't wait to practice! Working thesis (narrative essay): After my life-threatening car accident last year, I changed drastically.
Working thesis (compare/contrast essay): In the film _Harold and Maude_, the characters Harold and Maude are very different, but they also have some things in common.
Working thesis: (argument essay): I am strongly against the death penalty because it is wrong.
How could each of these be revised to be more effective? Where does my thesis statement go? Your thesis should generally go the introduction, and
it is generally the last sentence in the intro...why?