Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fingerprints
Fingerprints classification system
Forensic and clinical toxicology
Development & Importance
Skin is formed of three main layers: epidermis, dermis,
Ridge formation begins by rapid proliferation of the basal layer of epidermis into the dermis
Ridges and valleys
Fingerprints are the most reliable method for ..........
pattern of friction ridges
2. Friction ridge skin is developed during the early intrauterine life and their form
does not change
throughout the person's life.
3. It is be
on any touched object
Medicolegal importance of
Pattern of skin ridges on the palm, fingers, sole and toes
Pattern of skin ridges at terminal phalanges of the fingers (fingerprints)
Latent/ Invisible fingerprints
Dust, dirt, blood, grease
central pocket loop
Double loop whorl
small ridge characteristics
Automated fingerprint identefication system (AFIS)
Identification of assailant or victim
medical diseases with congenital or genetic origin
Application of job
signature of illiterate
large sized protein
oil red 0
Steps of collection and analysis of fingerprints
1. Recovery and visualization
2. Lifting and preservation