Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Human Rights History and Background
Transcript of Human Rights History and Background
- HAMMURABI'S LAW CODE (1780 BCE)
- HINDU VEDAS
- BIBLE, QUR'AN, TORAH
- CONFUCIUS' ANALECTS
- MAGNA CARTA (1215)
- DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF MAN AND CITIZEN (1789)
- DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE (1776)
- UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION (1787)
2) EARLY ROOTS
- EXAMPLES OF HR LAWS
- WHO IS PROTECTED?
- WHERE DO THEY FALL SHORT?
- CREATED IN RESPONSE TO MASSIVE HR VIOLATIONS
- LEAGUE OF NATIONS
- OTHER CONVENTIONS
- IMPORTANCE OF RHETORIC
- REFERENCES TO PREVIOUS DOCUMENTS/IDEAS
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS
- ANTICOLONIAL MOVEMENT
- WOMEN'S RIGHTS MOVEMENT
- CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT
- LABOR MOVEMENT
- INDIGENOUS RIGHTS MOVEMENT