Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
where i end and you begin
Transcript of where i end and you begin
an emphasis on SURFACE
erosion of detail, focus & indexicality
Q: What is left? Does this tell us anything more, or less, about the individual? "you want to understand what you see, what is there, and you try to make a picture out of it. Later you realise that you can’t represent reality at all-that what you make represents nothing but itself, and therefore is itself " Gerhard Richter
Stallabrass - 'Push/pull' effect Portrait as document Portrait as a conceptual construct what do we see?
what's its status and value? Q: is there any core 'self' to which a specific face may be attached?
of representation Phot'y as an Embalmer, a
momento-mori (eg Barthes)... ...or... ...Phot'y representing the partial erosion of self in a relationship... I’m interested in representing the erosion of a unified & singular self within a relationship via the dissolution & corruption of photographic indexicality