Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of FAMILY PLANNING
Helps new couples to financially prepare to raise a family
Gives newly weds to have an ample chance to grow emotionally mature
Smaller families can afford better living conditions than larger families
Health of the mother in not endangered
The fewer the children, the easier it is to send them to school
Birth Control vs.
Birth Control -
Family planning -
What is family planning?
Family planning is seen as the
for couples who are not
ready to have children at present but may want to in the future.
Family planning as defined by the experts as the process by which couples can determine for themselves the
timing, spacing, and number of children born
Intentions of Family Planning
Primary intention: control family size
improving quality of life,
ensuring happier marital relationship
promoting health to both mother & child
seeking comfort in life.
The government promotes family planning by:
1) Discouraging early marriage by strongly
advocating delayed marriage at the age of 25 for both males and females
2) Recommending birth spacing from two to
3) Encouraging families to limit the number
of children to three by using approved contraceptive means
Nature of Family Planning
Birth control v.s. Family Planning
What is family planning?
Intentions of family planning
– nutritious food, adequate
clothing & safe shelter
– love and affection
– acceptance by a group
– cognitive development
– the capacity to determine
right from wrong
Advantages of Natural Family Planning
Increased self-awareness and knowledge
Increased reliance on their own resources
Increased dependence from costly or distant medical services
Freedom from natural substances and the side effects or risks of other methods
Reduced re-supply costs associated with commodity-based methods
Enhanced communication and intimacy with partner
Encourages male involvement in family planning
The ability to adhere religious and cultural norms
Disadvantages of Natural Family Planning
Requires great commitment, motivation and cooperation from both partners for women using symptom-based methods
When used for pregnancy protection, couple may experience stress as a result of not being able to have unprotected sex
They are not being able to insure protection from STD/HIV transmission
Various Methods of Family Planning
Natural Family Planning
Artificial Family Planning
- requires a woman to monitor each day the presence or absence of secretions.
- based on understanding and interpreting changing cervical secretions that are produced at the neck of the uterus.
- relies on identification of the fertile period of the menstrual cycle by noting the rise in BBT that occurs with ovulation.
- Breastfeeding as a family planning method.
Basal Body Temperature Chart