Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Facebook Presentation
Welcome to Week 6!
Market Entry Strategies & Product Decisions for International Markets
Summary of our Case Study
Product Life Cycle
The Product Life Cycle
Market & Country Selection
Market Entry Strategies
Summary & Recommendations
Market & Country Selection
- Opportunities, and
- Innovation & Technology
- Customer Behaviour
- Dynamic technological markets
- Global Companies
- Collaborative relationships and
gaining local knowledge
- Market Segmentation
- Strategic International Alliances
- Localized information of specific markets
- Users require info best for themselves
- A Facebook Presence, in the local
language and adapted to local cultural requirements
- Ease for Administrators
- New fragmented middle class in emerging
- A market driving approach
- A unique value proposition
- Alter the behaviours of different market actors
- Reconfiguring roles and relationships
- Education of customers
- Offering better incentives and value
Facebook requires market data so we are conducting research surveys of Countries where Face book use is less than 10%: Russia, China, Japan, Indonesia, South Africa, Africa, Korea, Cuba, Cambodia, Belarus, India and the Ukraine.
Please answer the following questions from the perspective of your country so that we can create a successful marketing strategy for Facebook with respect to its Global Pages product, which will be report to you by Eamon :)
Celebrity (Country) Heads
Who are the Competitors?
Facebook still struggles to
penetrate China, Russia,
North Korea and Cuba!
Global pages is the
Marketing tool…… right?
So what is the Problem?
- It goes further than language!
- Lack of presence in
- Allocation of marketing budget to increase awareness and penetrate markets
- Strategic alliances with governments and local firms to gain knowledge of what the consumers want
Cultures are multidimensional
Elements of Culture:
- Non-verbal communication
- Values and attitudes
- Manners and customs
- Material elements
- Social institutions
- Values, and
- Trust issues
- South Africa
Collectivists, Intuitive & Contemplative
- North America
- Western Europe
2 Determining Factors:
- Country attractiveness
- The competitive strength of the company
As well as the Cultural, Legal and Political Environments!