Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Monoloa
What type of volcano?
Sheild volccano these types of volcanos are very large and slope slowely up the sides. These volcanos have non exsolosive eruptions.
Effect on humans...
In Hawaii less then 100 people have ever been killed by volcanic eruptions and only one this century beacuse there is very little gas in the lava.
1859 eruption history
Destroyed neer by coastle village on the west coast of the big island. It had a 32 mile lava flow.
Impact on climate
The impact on the climate is part of the cause of global warming. Mauna Loa produces CO2 which is a part of the cause of global warming.
Fun volcano fact!
Mauna Loa is the largest volcano in the whole entire world.
Volcano fun fact
It is only 600,000-1,000,000 years old!
Another fun fact
One of the most active volcanoes in the world.
Find more fun facts at http://www2.edc.org/sciencequest/2001/sq0110360/largest.html
By Emma O'Brien