Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Bookcase (CP28)
Transcript of Copy of Bookcase (CP28)
2. The state of being subject to such treatment or control. SYNONYMS Tyranny
Suffering ANTONYMS Kindness
Justice Learning Objective L/O: Stages of Laila's Life Child Teenager
Young Adult Adult Bright future Hope gone Makes a change MATH HISTORY Just like the rest of us, Laila went to school 123 Total: 28.1% Literacy Rate of the World;
over the age of 15 (2005 est.) According to the Human Development Index, in 2011, Afghanistan was the 15th least developed country in the world. "Marriage can wait, education cannot. You're a very, very bright girl". Education 1. the act or process of acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.
2. the act or process of imparting or acquiring particular knowledge or skills, as for a profession. Learning Objective L/O: Education is the development
of the abilities of the mind Laila Laila passes the time sweeping, scrubbing walls, and washing clothes. “Everybody wants Jack to rescue them from disaster. But there is no Jack, Jack is not coming. Jack is dead.” “Learn this now and learn it well, my daughter: Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman. Always. You remember that, Mariam.” “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan,
but little childhood.” “You see, some things I can teach you. Some you learn from books. But there are things that, well, you have to see and feel.” Bibliography http://thebestnotes.com/booknotes/Thousand_Splendid_Suns_Hosseini/Thousand_Splendid_Suns_Study_Guide04.html
http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3271379-a-thousand-splendid-suns words that mean the opposite Arya Mortazavi