Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Eco-friendly materials
What is it ?
Material which reduces the environmental impact of the product.
Natural and Renewable
Capable of being replaced by natural ecological cycles,
if it “completely breaks down and returns to nature, decomposing into elements found in nature within a reasonably short period of time after customary disposal.”
Able to be recycled
Convert (waste) into reusable material
Bio-based: from natural material
By-products: secondary product
produced or involving production without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial chemicals
Turn into humus, which provides valuable nutrients to the soil
Limit the environmental impact
1) Eco-friendly + Eco-friendly = Eco-friendly ???
2) Does natural mean eco-friendly?
3) What is better for the environment ?
- to keep my old polluting car
- to buy a new hybrid car
example: Paper+oil= oily paper
2) Petrol is made from natural oil but it is not renewable
3) 20% of the pollution occurs during the production process
Glue is a major issue in shoe making process
Products should last as long as possible
4) Cutting a tree is bad for the environment?
4) If the tree has been produced in a sustainable forest ( planted by human, not on old growth forest area, with no threatened species)
Wood is renewable, bio compostable,
traps carbon dioxide, and at the end of the life-time it can produce energy.
1) Eco-friendly + Eco-friendly => Non eco-friendly
Natural is eco-friendly if it is renewable and the production process is not a major environmental issue
DON'T BE DECEIVED BY GREEN-WASHING !!