Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Process Mapping
A series of steps to
achieve a specific goal.
The main goal of process mapping is to "see" the process.
"You don't learn to process map, you process map to learn."
- Dr. Myron Tribus
A Process is...
A Process Map is...
A pictorial representation of the process.
How to make a Process Map
Identify Complexities in Processes
Different Shapes Have
Start or End of Map
Activity or Action
Interview key players and read relevant documents to understand the process textually.
Identify each step in the process
Assign an action to each step and combine steps in a map.
Revise, revise revise!
Process Mapping Tips
Remember it's dynamic.
- Things will come up you must add.
- Use pencils with erasers.
- Don't be afraid to change your work
- Just assume you will need to change it as you realize things.
- Has a program for making process maps
- Very simple and very intuitive.
- Are able to move around steps before finalizing maps.
- Do not make each step longer than a few words.
- Remember that the end goal is to improve the process. By dividing each action into as many steps as possible, it will be easier to eliminate waste.
- Have someone else look over your map.
- They will point out areas that are not as clear as they need to be.
- Remember that not everybody thinks the way you do.
- Like in most reports/project/papers, feedback improves your process map.