Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adjectives and Adverbs
Transcript of Adjectives and Adverbs
to this online lesson!
My name is Lily Cardoso
I live in León, Guanajuato.
I'm an English teacher for
We will learn the characteristics of Adjectives and Adverbs and we will identify them in sentences.
Anne is beautiful.
The adjective beautiful is modifying the noun Anne.
The room is warm.
The car is old and slow.
size: small, big, enormous
color: red, yellow, brown
age: new, old, ancient
Sue sings beautifully.
The adverb beautifully is modifying the verb sings.
Joe smiles warmly.
My dad drives carefully.
For each sentence, choose the best word or phrase to complete the gap from the choices below.
1. Please can I have a clean plate? This one is very _______.
A. bad B. dirty C. ugly D. dark
2. Please put the light on. It's very _______ in here.
A. weak B. bad C. thin D. dark
3. I need some new shoes. These ones are really ______.
A. full B. weak C. old D. sad
4. I couldn't eat anything more. I'm completely _______.
A. full B. empty C. thin D. strong
5. I don't like that photo. I look really _______.
A. closed B. ugly C. difficult D. open
An action verb is bolted in each sentence. Circle the adverb that describes the verb.
1. My grandpa
on the beach yesterday.
4. George, will you
3. Neil slowly
a card on the card house.
5. Kayla finally
at the park.
Adjective or Adverb?
Complete the sentences.
What's the best word to complete the sentence?
1. The soup tastes ________.
2. Eric likes to sing ________ songs.
3. Betty is ________.
4. Mei Li dresses ________.
5. I like to live in a ________ house.
6. Jin speaks Chinese ________.
7. The eagle sees ________.
8. Sharon usually sings ________.
9. David arrived ________.
10. Adriana ran ________.