Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cancer treatment centers in springfield
Transcript of Cancer treatment centers in springfield
What is the philosophy of the Baystate Regional Cancer Program?
What is the mission of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute?
By: Araby'ha.R Alexavier.C Jaykob.M
Their philosophy is that every patient is an individual with a unique medical situation and life experience and a distinct set of social needs that must be addressed. Its two main branches are: Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield and Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, MA.
treatment Centers in New England
Three public policies adopted by New England states to promote cancer prevention, early detection, and improved treatment options are:
prohibited youth indoor tanning:"People under 18 are prohibited to use tanning beds, booths, and sun lamps.
raised taxes on tobacco products.
banned smoking in workplaces, restaurants, and bars; smoking was further banned on the Cape Cod National Seashore.
The three primary treatment options for cancer patients are:
More about Radiation therapy, chemotherapy,and surgery cancer treatments:
- Chemotherapy is a drug treatment that uses powerful chemicals to kill fast-growing cells in your body. It is most often used to treat cancer, since cancer cells grow and multiply much more quickly than most cells in the body.
- Surgery is a branch of medicine that solves health problems by operating on the body
- Radiation therapy uses high- energy radiation to shrink tumors and kill cancer cells 1: x-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles are types of radiation used for cancer treatment.
The mission of Dana-Farber institute is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer. It is located in Boston, MA.
The American Cancer Society
American Cancer Society
treats adults, teens, and children with many different cancers. Due to its role in the field of cancer research, two out of three people diagnosed with cancer in the United States today are surviving for at least five years. In fact, every day more than 400 people celebrate birthdays that would have otherwise been lost to the disease.
Causes of Cancer
The main reasons people develop cancer are
(i.e., inherited genes) and certain
(e.g., exposure to too much sun) and
Symptoms of Cancer
A few of the more common symptoms of cancer include:
swelling or lumps
problems with walking or balance