Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
GCSE Information Evening
Transcript of GCSE Information Evening
Tuesday 24th September 2013
What is it like
What can you do?
What can the student do?
Number taken – 9 or 10;
GCSEs in most subjects,
iGCSEs in English, German and history.
• Core subjects, 3 sciences plus 3 or 4 options.
• Terminal exams.
• Controlled Assessment in some subjects.
• Grades A*, A, B and C are passes.
• We should be aiming for A* and A grades.
•Fear of failure
•Girls/ boys/ relationships
•Not wanting to grow up
•Wanting to be independent
•So many distractions (the internet for one!)
•Sport, music, drama and other activities
Thank you for listening this evening.
2011 99% 63%
2012 99% 62%
2013 99% 66%
In 2013 we had 81 Candidates,
who sat 790 papers between them.
Passes at A* 34%
Students gaining 9 or more passes at A* or A 27 33.3
•Being active learners.
•Developing study skills.
•Being independent learners.
•Keeping relaxed, healthy and happy.
•Agree ground rules.
•Motivation and self esteem.
•Keep us informed
•Keep a good relationship with parents, family and school,
•Have people to turn to...
•Develop good self esteem and gain confidence.
1.Make the time to talk.
•Be level headed.
•Build upon past successes.
•Get help/ advice.
•Peer support system / school counsellor.
Memory - How much we remember when we:
Read 20% - a poor revision strategy in isolation
See, say, hear and do 90%
•Be part of us.
charity fundraising and other activities
Head of Year and Assistant Head of Year
Post-16 education at WGS
A/B passes:2011 – 75% / 2012 – 78% / 2013 – 76%
A/A* passes:2011 – 47% / 2012 – 48% / 2013 – 44%
(indep. sch. ave.: 33%)
GCSE to A2, VA 2009:1025 / 2010:1040
(2009 - Royal:990 TC:1000 TT:999 GH:1010;
and in 2010 - Royal:1024 TC:990 TT:977 GH:990)
Firm choice uni 70% in 2010, 73% in 2011 ,
80% in 2012, 77% in 2013