Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Travel Writing Year 10 Coursework
Transcript of Travel Writing Year 10 Coursework
All texts have a PURPOSE...
To understand what travel writing is.
What does the word 'travel' make you think of?
Make a list in your books...
What do you think 'travel writing' is?
Discuss in your groups.
Looking at a piece of travel writing...
Look at this extract from 'Lonely Planet: Great Britain'.
Highlight and annotate any that:
the reader (green)
the reader (yellow)
3. Helps to make the writing sound
/bring it to life (pink).
Answer this question, using PEE.
How does the text persuade you to go to Britain?
P: The text persuades me to go to Britain, because it makes Britain seem...
E: For example in the text, it uses the word/phrase...
E: This word means...
The connotations of this word are...
This word makes me imagine...
It makes me feel...
This word helps to make Britain seem ... because...
Explain what travel writing is to the person next to you.
Between you, agree a definition of travel writing and be ready to share it with the class.
L.O: To understand what travel writing is.