Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Communication
1. Early year birth (< 6 years)
2. Middle Years (7 ~ 10 years)
3. Early adolescent years (11~ 14 years)
Barriers of communication
1. Cognitive problems
2. Fluency problems
3. Language problems
4. Speech problems
5. Voice problems
Strategies of improvement
1. Better distinguishing between fantasy & reality
2. Understanding inner motivation of characters
3. Understanding causality
4. Using more sophisticated language
5. Developing critical thinking skills
.1. Becoming more
2. Learning to
follow rules of play
5. Taking more
gradually taking a
more central role
need supportive adults
& +ve role models
right & wrong
Developing exclusionary & stereotype
Lambert, V. (2012). Communication skills for children's nurses. Maidenhead, Berkshire: Open University Press/McGraw-Hill.
Parent-Child Relations: Context, Research, and Application, by P. Heath, 2009 edition, p. 90-95.
Thank you !!!
Chan Hay Man Hayley
Chan Wing Tung
Suen Wai Man
Tiu Shuk Man
Wong Yuen Ting Cherry
about themselves, others and the larger world
explore and test
their own ideas, skills and talent
in using their potential in positive ways
To have their
feelings and worries
understood and respected
Is time for Q & A !!!
Effective and ineffective skills
what you know about Communication ?
We Don't communicate to other people,
We communicate with other people.
Higher Diploma in General Nursing
: Ms Catherine Leung
& Ms Peggy Pang
: The Most Unforgettable Event
Date of Presentation
Introduction of the interview
A- child centered approach
"who has the problem" when a problem has arisen in a relationship.
1. Gesture 2. Tone 3. Language
Paraphrases Tape Recording
right angle approach
3. I- message
4. Give attention to
the vocabulary used
b. Ensure the approach is too baby like.
c. Unequal power divide that exists between
children & adults.
of the recipient's
behavior on the sender.
: 29/11/2013 (Friday)
: Angel's home
: Angel (13 years old)
: To interview about the most unforgettable event