Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Shale Gas
2. horizontal bore through the gas containing rock
3. under high pressure a mixture of water, sand and chemicals is pumped in the rocks -> cracks
4. shale gas escapes to the top, water is cut off, cracks are closing, water gets back to the surface figures in trillion cubic feet Germany This is calculated as a 10 percent extraction rate they believe is achievable from the 6.8 trillion-22.6 trillion cbm of shale gas they have located in the country. (Reuters) between 0.7 trillion and 2.3 trillion cbm of the gas could be technically extracted Why don't we use it in Germany? environmentally unproven energy technology
no renewable energy source
high risk of contamination of fresh water and earthquakes
large amounts of water is needed
destruction of the surrounding economical goals e.g. less reliant on foreign suppliers, decreasing gas prices
bridge until renewable sources mature (David Brooks NYT)