Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of John Reynolds
Georgia's first royal Governor
He wanted the colonist to help run the government
he set up a legislative and court system
During the first time the dedicates met, they couldn't agree on military defense. So John Reynolds sent them home and tried to govern himself
What went Wrong?
Colonist started getting angry and wrote to the king, eventually Reynolds was fired.
In the End...
He was the second royal governor
When he was governor the population of Georgia grew to 10 thousand including 3,600 slaves
Ellis continued to be a popular governor, but he grew ill and asked the king if he could return
He was the third and final royal governor
He completed the defenses around savanna
He continued to help the economy through out his time. By allowing farmers to borrow money and get more land. He also made more schools and with this more people were being educated. He started making bigger houses.
In the End...
Although while he was governor the economy continued to grow the american revolution started and ended his time as a royal governor