Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Elysia Subornata
What exactly is Elysia Subornata?
Elysia Subornata is a sea slug that is around 2 inches long and has a greenish to brownish appearance
Where is it located? What pelogic zone?
Elysia Subornata is located in the West Atlantic Ocean, including the Caribbean Sea
They are found in the Epipelagic zone
What makes this species unusual?
The species can potentially be used as a biological control agent
Caulerpa Taxifolia (AKA Killer Alage) is taking over the Mediterranean Sea!
How can we solve this problem?
With Elysia Subornata of course!
By Tanya Qureshi
Why can't we control Killer Algae?
Its leaves have a toxic chemical which tastes bad to fish and other potential predators
Elysia Subornata is unaffected by the poison and feeds on the algae
It is one of the few species that feeds on Killer Alage