Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Final Copy of 2016 HSIC
Transcript of Final Copy of 2016 HSIC
Keiser University, Florida
Vol XXXIX - XL
Breaking News - Your Future Ahead
I am not here to give you the answers.
I am here to help you make an educated decision about your future.
When it comes to making an investment, nothing will pay off more than educating yourself.
I AM MY OWN GREATEST INVEST NT
How Do Fund My Investment?
Taught by Master PGA Faculty Members
Prepares graduates for a full range of positions in the golf industry
Golf course operations
Golf club fitting and repair
Practice/Play at the acclaimed PGA National Resort-Spa
State of the Art Indoor Practice Facility
Outdoor Practice Facility - steps away from dormitories and classrooms!
Private lessons with our PGA Master faculty
NAIA Golf Team & Club Golf Team
Bachelor's in Golf Management
Choosing the Right Investment
What are my options after high school?
How do I fund my education?
What's in it for me?
Could Keiser University
be the right fit for me?
What are we doing today?
Return on Investment
Scholarships, Grants, Loans
Seek a Degree
Join the Military
Get a Job
Child Care Provider
Community Affairs Rep.
Elementary School Teacher
Family Care Provider
Public Relations Specialist
Sign Language Interpreter
Motion Picture Director
Air Traffic Controller
Elementary School Teacher
Human Resource Manager
Real Estate Agent
Which investment is best for me?
How to Choose the Right Career
5. How much education will I need?
6. What is the average salary in this career field?
2. How do I connect with a mentor in this field?
3. What will my life look like in this career?
4. What is an average day like?
- Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral?
- What type of lifestyle will I live?
- Job shadowing is key!
- How many hours a week will I work?
- Sitting at a desk? In a laboratory? On your feet?
7. What is the job outlook?
1. Am I going to enjoy this career choice?
- Will I have a sense of accomplishment?
- Is this job in demand?
1. What are the admissions/program requirements?
2. Can I meet an instructor/Program Director from my program?
3. When is the application deadline?
4. Do you have a regional or national accreditation?
5. What is your average class size?
6. What is your graduation and placement rate?
7. Do you offer tutoring?
8. What is your Financial Aid process? What scholarships am I eligible for?
Questions to ask every Admissions Counselor
US Army Careers
College Interactive App
How do I Invest in Myself?
You Can Go!
Choosing the Right Invest
Financial Aid Resources
Federal/Statewide Grants and Assistance
Federal Pell Grant
Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)
Awarded to undergraduate students who have exceptional financial need
Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
No Essay Scholarship App
$2.99 to enroll
$1.99 to download
Keiser University Scholarships
Keiser University Local Campus
Regionally accredited, SACS
Private, Not-for-profit (ICUF)
Year-round semester system
One Class at a time
Hands on approach
Small Class Size
Emphasis on job placement & graduation
in the south region
What is my Return on Investment?
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read All About It!!!
TRACK & FIELD
• Athletics wins first ever
Sun Conference Commissioner’s Cup
• Keiser University finishes 22nd in
Learfield (national NAIA) standings
• Women’s Golf wins back-to-back national championships
• Men’s Basketball finished 1st in the conference, made it to
the Elite 8 in the national tournament,
and finished 5th in the country
• Men’s Tennis finished 1st in the Sun Conference and made it
to the quarterfinals in the national tournament,
finishing their season ranked 7th in the nation
• Men’s Golf finished 2nd in the Sun Conference
and 8th in the nation
• Women’s soccer finished tied for first in the
Sun Conference and 9th nationally
• Baseball won the Sun Conference Tournament and
advanced to the Regional Championship game.
• Athletics had 22 Academic All-Americans,
29 Academic All-Conference,
2015-2016 Athletic Accomplishments
Keiser University Flagship Campus
Small class sizes led by experienced professors, not teaching assistants allowing more one-on-one interaction.
Services from registration to career guidance
Suite –style residence halls with 24 hour security, wifi, and cable access
100 acre campus in the middle of gorgeous West Palm Beach with amazing restaurants and shopping. Just miles from the beach!
21 NAIA athletic teams, club sports and intramural activities.
Wide range of in-demand degrees.
Traditional class schedule
1. Research your career and training/education options.
2. How long will it take you to earn the education needed for your career?
3. Do you have the GPA, SAT/ACT/ASVAB scores to apply to the program ?
4. Is your investment goal in line with your values and goals?
5. Set benchmarks throughout the school year to be SMART!
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
Associates Degree in 16 months
Choose from a variety of externship opportunities
ACF Certified Chef Instructors
Exemplary Program by the ACFEF Accrediting Commission
Sarasota has been designated as the “Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Regional Chef Training Facility at Keiser University”
Competitions at the Center for Culinary Arts
2016 Regional Jeunes Chef Rôtisseurs Competition
2016 National Jeunes Chef Rôtisseurs Competition
American Culinary Federation Sponsored Competition
Honors & Distinctions
Melbourne, Sarasota, & Tallahassee
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
Keiser University - Orlando, FL 32805
5600 Lake Underhill Road
Graduation is around the corner!
Let's Get Started
1. What career(s) interests you most?
2. What steps have you taken
to achieve your goal?
3. What challenges or barriers do you think could hinder your success?
We will review these at the end!
Child Care Worker
Emergency Medical Tech.
Graphic Design Artist
Real Estate Agent
Secret Service Agent
Community Relations Coordinator
Cyber Forensics/Information Security
Information Technology Management (online)
Management Information Systems (online)
Network Systems and Data Communications
Enhanced program information via touch screen display in Collaboratorium
Students have access to servers, firewalls, routers and other equipment
Real, hands-on networking and configuration experience in our advanced networking lab
Computer Aided Design
Design and Multimedia
Video Game Design
at Pembroke Pines
Florida Academic Scholars (FAS)
Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS)
Gold Seal Vocational (GSV)
Gold Seal CAPE Scholars (GSC)
Type of Scholarship