Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HDP Remarks
they push at boundaries
Holistic - all aspects not just academic or behavioural
Think like a Babylonian
[ !?*!? ]
they seek patterns
- Raph Koster, A Theory of Fun
See if you can figure out Babylonian without the "cheat codes"
"Adults need to be affirming - but affirm the right thing" (Mr Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Education).
Describing pupils as intelligent promotes a fixed-mindset
HDP Remarks should not be used to describe the emotional and/or disciplinary issues a child is facing
Describing a child as "sensitive" or calling him/her "a special child"
"Many psychological studies have shown that if we affirm by praising the child for being smart, the child stops trying as he fears that failure will make him look 'stupid', but if we affirm his effort, the child will go on to try harder tasks" (Mr Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Education).
Holistic Development Profile (HDP) Remarks
Avoid remarks that appear to be contradictory or ambiguous
So What do we affirm?
"If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn... if a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence...." ~ Children Learn What They Live
Use of Contractions