Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Memoir Intro
Transcript of Copy of Memoir Intro
told from one person’s point of view Based on the truth; real life experiences Reveals the personal feelings
of the writer Focused on one event;
about one point in the author’s life.
It is sometimes the expansion of a singular moment or thing. A memoir is an opportunity to reflect - to look
inside yourself and think about these questions:
- Why is this event/item of particular significance?
- What does it mean?
- How has something changed me?
- Why am I the person I am today because of this moment/thing? About the author’s experience
more than about the event or item itself Has a deeper meaning; shows what the
author learned from the experience Literary Nonfiction Autobiography Biography Memoir covers the
author's entire life:
very detailed written by an
life story of an individual the author
or a moment of truth based on a life event or instance How do autobiographies, biographies and memoirs differ? An author is very purposeful in crafting his/her memoir: - The author conveys a message for the reader
to interpret based on experiences presented
- The author conveys a clear tone and creates
a feeling for the reader
-The author crafts his/her story with figurative language,
so as to show expression, feelings with which the reader can relate
- May not incorporate EVERY element of plot; not necessarily
a linear plot
- Not about length - rather about DEPTH and meaning " A memoir celebrates people and places no one has ever heard of. And memoir allows us to discover and tell our own truths as writers” (Atwell, Nancie 1998). Defining a Memoir: A memoir is a type of autobiographical text in which
the author reflects on an important event or thing
from his/her past Example: An Unspoken Hunger