Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
7th Science Jeopardy Review
Transcript of 7th Science Jeopardy Review
What is a cell? How do scientific theories, like the cell theory, change over time? What are the three parts of the cell theory? Name 1 scientist who contributed to the cell theory. Name 5 organ systems and name an organ of each system. Name 3 organ systems of the human body. 1. All living things are made of one or more cells.
2. Cells come from existing cells.
3. Cells are the basic unit of all living things. Nucleus, ribosome, golgi, ER, mitochondria, chloroplast, membrane, etc. Plant cells have chloroplasts and cell walls, animal cells don't. Organ Organ system Organism How has technology influenced the study of cells? Give the function of each organelle:
Mitochondria Name an organ in the body, give its function, and identify the organ system it belongs to. Seventh Grade Standard 3 New technology, such as improved microscopes, allow us to learn more information about cells and how they work. New technology provides new information about cells, the theory is modified to include the new evidence. Hooke, Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, Virchow Nucleus: controls the cell, houses the DNA.
Cell Membrane: controls what goes in and out of a cell.
Ribosome: Makes proteins.
Mitcchondria: Provides energy for the cell. Cell Tissue Skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory, reproductive, nervous, digestive, endocrine, excretory, integumentary, lymphatic. What is the function of the heart and what organ system does it belong to? The basic unit of structure of all living things Plant: Chloroplast
Animal: Mitochondria Pumps blood throughout the body and transports nutrients and wastes. Cardiovascular system. Name an organ in the body, give its function, and identify the organ system it belongs to.