Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UNIT #5: FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY
Transcript of UNIT #5: FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY
What is Food Photography?
*It is a type of commercial/product photography and is considered a specialization of still life.
*Food photography has the purpose of attracting viewers in the form of cookbooks, magazines, blogs, packaging, menus, advertisements and grocery flyers.
*Food photography has become exponentially popular in the recent generation due to the easy accessibility of cameras during meals, such as cellphones. The sharing of it has also become more popular due to social media, such as twitter, instagram, tumblr, blogspot...etc.
1) Food Photography Lighting
FRUIT NINJA ACTIVITY
David Loftus' Food Photography Lighting Tips
Find lighting that is closest to white as possible. You want to keep the light tint neutral so that the food is presented as it actually looks
In the World of Professional Food Photography...
Food photography involves team work between:
Process of Professional Food Photography:
1) Client picks a photographer that will be able to take photos in the style they prefer
2) Client and photographer(s) meet to talk, write down and draw sketches of the vision
3) Client contacts a chef & photographer contacts a food stylist and a prop stylist
4) They schedule a photoshoot day and charges a certain amount of $ per hour.
5) Clients usually receive a USB with hundreds of photos to choose from (Prices range from$1000 - $5000)
FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY BACK THEN
Most commonly in older food photographer, one angle was used; high angle. High angle ensured that you could see everything.
Old food photography also always used full focus. The use of different apertures and blur was not a trend in photography at the time.
FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY NOW
1) We experiment with angles
2) We use focus and blur
3) We take photos of the raw ingredients before the final product
PROPS FOR FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY
1) You can use different coloured/textured backgrounds
2) You can shoot on different surfaces:
3) You can use other props such as:
-fruit, flowers, bowls, spoons, forks...etc.
FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT
* Choose a NON-BAKE/NON-COOK recipe
*Keep it simple
*Don't pick something that will melt fast (Ice cream)
*Ex: Salad, parfait, trail mix, cheese and crackers, dip, guacamole, fruit bowl
Photo of the Day
Where have you seen the use of food photography?
Photo of the Day
Food as art
Fruit in Carbonated
Where to start?
Gather photos that you like. Create an inspiration board.
Create an inspiration board ONLINE
Create a PHYSICAL inspiration board
Vis Com 9: Food blogging/recipes
Other Ideas for Cut Food
Important things to consider:
-only use natural/white lighting (window lighting)
-Use reflectors/white paper if light is too harsh
Food as ART
Food can be photographed merely for the purpose of being appreciated for what it is.
Food from a different/modern angle
Work indvidually or with a partner. You must create 2 or more patterns using food.
1) You may choose from the following food categories: VEGGIES, CEREAL, or PARTY MIX
2) Pick a plain background. Make sure your food doesn't blend in with the paper. Feel free to try different coloured backgrounds. Recycle when finished
3) Create and photograph 2 patterns (using the same food. One FORMAL pattern, one LOOSE pattern) and upload onto one of your blogs. (indicate group members). You can call the blog post "Food Patterns" or "Modern Food Photography" You can create and photograph more than 2 if you're done early!
Feel free to take photos landscape and/or portrait.
**You can eat the food when you're completely finished, or you can discard it.