Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
8. Let's Talk About Who's Got Bad Taste
Transcript of 8. Let's Talk About Who's Got Bad Taste
social capital Bourdieu the Un-cool factor Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste. Social Hierarchy influencing taste In the pursuit of distinction Evolutionary psychology in regard to taste, according to wilson. Carl Wilson Wilson uses Bourdieu's "Distinction: A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste" as a vehicle to drive home that taste is developed by the company you keep. This information is based on a study done by Bourdieu, and do to the nature of the study it is verifiable. primary claims made by Wilson:
-he piggy backs on Bourdieu but the main thought of the chapter is that taste is primarily a social construct