Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Plants
California and Florida are large producers of oranges in the U.S.
Orange peels are sprinkled over vegetables as a slug repellent by gardeners
There are over 600 varieties of oranges
Oranges contain more fiber than any fruit or vegetable
The two most common types of oranges are the Navel and Valencia oranges
Oranges are named after the bellybutton because of the stump of the steam
One example of Citrus Fruit would be Grapefruit!
California Citrus Fruits
Citrus Fruit Grown In California
Citrus in California!!
Grapefruit is an excellent source of vitamin A which helps the immune system
May reduce a variety of cold symptoms
The rich pink and red colors of grapefruit are due to lycopene, a carotenoid phytonutrient which is ONLY found in pink and red Grapefruits
Vitamin C is found in all types of citrus fruit and as a result it can reduce risk of heart disease , stroke and even cancer
Lime juice is the exception to all other citrus juices, it has very high acid content and low sugar
Concentrated lime juice has so much acid it can dissolve concrete
Most of the concentrated lime juice does not come from the juice but the mashed up lime peels
Limes can only be successfully grown when there is no winter frost between 30 degrees .
Growing Oranges In California 1935
Fun Facts !
By drinking vitamin C-rich citrus fruit, studies have shown improvement in lung function and people with asthma.
Orange peels are used in many ways like to start a fire or even as a air freshener
Limes are commonly used in detox water for losing weight
Pure lime juice is even used in the kitchen to remove dark spots on pots and pans
1) Citrus fruit is a good source of which types of vitamins?
2) What are some benefits of eating citrus fruits?
3) Where are citrus fruit grown?
4) How did Navel Oranges get their name?
5) What makes grapefruit pink or red in color?
6) What are some uses for orange peels?
7)Where does concentrated lime juice come from?
8) What are some uses for lime juice?
9) How many varieties of oranges are there?
10) Which states are the largest producers of oranges in the United States?
11) Why is California so good at growing citrus fruit?