Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The 5 Themes of Geography on Mexico
Transcript of The 5 Themes of Geography on Mexico
The colors of the flag are green, white and red. The green means hope, the white means unity, and red means the blood of their heroes
The government is a Republic. In a republic the supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives. They have an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
Mexico is located on the northern hemisphere.
1. The official name of Mexico is United Mexican States
2. Mexico has 68 official
3. In Mexico artist can pay taxes with artwork
4. The worlds largest pyramid is in Mexico not in Egypt
5. Mexicos 34th president ruled for less than a hour than quit
Absolute Location: 19.0000*N and 102.3667*W
Relative Location: Guatemala, Belize, U.S.A, Gulf of Mexico, and the Pacific Ocean
How products move: trucks, railroads, cargo ships
How people move: cars, buses, ferries, airplanes, railroad, and subway
How Ideas move: newspapers, magazines, Internet (Twitter, Facebook, email, phone, and cellular phone)
Exports: machinery, electrical, vehicles, plastic, mineral fluids, corn, soybean, dairy products, pork, and pork products
Physical Characteristics: Northwestern dessert, southern mountain ranges, Yucatan Peninsula, and Tropical coastline
About 80% of the population is Catholic
Mexico City celebrates Dia de los Muertos on November 2nd each year.
They depend on the rain for drinking water and to water their crops
They adapt to the hot climate by dressing in light clothes that help them stay cool
They modify the area by cutting down forests to put in cities
The environmental issues that they have been facing are air pollution. It sent more then one million people to hospitals in 1999.
1. Six Flags in Mexico is a park with rides and shows
2. The Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlan is a museum that is dedicated to the Aztecs
3. The National Palace is a palace where all the goverment offices are located.
1. One of Mexico's weapons in war is a hornet bomb which is an actual hornet's nest
2. Actor Anthony Quinn was the first Mexican actor to win a Academy Award
Overview of Mexico
Enrique Peña Nieto
By: Cameron Dick