Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teen Pregnancy Speech
Transcript of Teen Pregnancy Speech
-it influences media which then influences society
-it has harmfully impacted the economy Statistics -According to a survey on 10,000 girls across the nation...
-the average age that girls are losing their virginity is 15
-about 52% of those girls have been having unprotected sex
-about 24% have STI's and are still continuing to have unprotected sex Shows such as "16 and Pregnant" and "Teen Mom" give both a positive and negative outlook on having to raise a child at a young age.
-Positives: makes being a teen mom look 'fun'
-Negatives: father of the child leaves, money issues and personal stress - statistics of the overall teen pregnancy in the U.S.
-the influence teen pregnancy has on society through media
-the impact teen pregnancy has put on the economy Teen pregnancy has become a social issue because..... Economic Impact & Future Outlook - According to a study done by the CDC in 2010, the U.S. spends about $11 billion each year on welfare just for teen parents
- Only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma or GED by the age of 22, versus 90% of women who didn't give birth during adolescence