Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Industrial Revolution
- Progress &
Table of Contents
Page: Industrial Revolution
Page: Progress & Poverty
- I can describe the Industrial Revolution
Industrial Revolution Context
- Many new innovations in a short period of time
- Completely changed society
- Agricultural to industrial
- Good & bad came with new innovations
Progress and Poverty
Answer on the back of your sheet
1. Did George see the Industrial Revolution as a good or bad thing? Why?
2. According to George, how did the Industrial Revolution change society?
3. What potential did he see in the Industrial Revolution?
Be prepared to discuss this.
Influences of Machinery on Labor
What is Wright's main point?
1. Create a new GoogleDoc in your folder
2. Name the doc "Industrial Revolution & Income Inequality"
3. Answer the following question
Which writer makes a better point about technology and income inequality? Why?
Shark Tank Project
- Get into a group with people you can trust
- No larger than 4-5
- Everyone must be in a group
- You will be selling an item from the Industrial Revolution
Lightbulb - Thomas Edison
Airplane - Wright Brothers
Car/Assembly Line - Henry Ford
Steel/Bessemer Process - Andrew Carnegie
Alternating Current - Nikola Tesla
Telephone - Alexander Graham Bell
Gatling Gun - Richard Gatling
Railroads - Cornelius Vanderbilt
Phonograph - Thomas Edison
Camera - George Eastman
Dynamite - Alfred Nobel
- Rest of today & most of tomorrow
- Project presentations will on Monday
- THINK SALES PITCH
- Off-task group members or groups will be split up and give their own project
- Good luck!
Grab a laptop. Open your GoogleDrive folder.
Correct your grammar from yesterday's prompt.
We must be sure we are explaining our evidence fully. Many of us are using evidence but not explaining it.
Opener pt. 2
Create a new doc. Give it a title.
Answer the following question:
What is the purpose of technology in our society?