Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
TOGAF - Building Blocks
Transcript of TOGAF - Building Blocks
Building Blocks A building block
is a package of functionality defined to meet the business needs across the organization
has published interfaces
may interoperate with other, inter-dependent building blocks A good building block:
considers implementation and usage, and evolves to exploit technology and standards.
may be assembled from other building blocks.
may be a sub-assembly of other building blocks.
is -ideally- re-usable and replaceable, and well specified. Two kinds of building blocks:
Architecture Building Blocks: functional grouping, i.e. Customer Database.
Solution Building Blocks: Real products of custom development, i.e. SAP, Microsoft Exchange, KL ABBs
Capture Architecture Requirements, e.g. Business, Application, Data, Technology requirements
Direct and guide the development of SBBs
Define what products and components will implement the functionality
define the implementation
fulfill business requirements
are product or vendor aware