Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Jay's Treaty of 1794
Transcript of Jay's Treaty of 1794
Resolved all issues between two countries left by Treaty of Paris JAY'S TREATY OF 1794 Left over disputes with Britain caused by the Treaty of Paris
Need of peace, neutrality and good foreign relations for the new government CAUSES America gained primary goals
Withdrawl of British troops from Revolutionary forts in the NW
Won limited rights to trade with Britain, India and the Caribbean Colonies
Lessened tension between two countries WHY SHOULD WE CARE? WHAT: agreement to create peace between Britain and America
WHO: Created by John Jay, the Supreme Court Chief Justice
WHEN: November 19, 1794 WHAT IS IT? 1) How would America's foreign affairs be different without Jay's Treaty?
2) Would another war with Britain have occurred without this treaty? QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS?