Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Maniac Magee
By Jerry Spinelli
Seth Bateman Period 6
1) Jeffrey Magee (also known as Maniac) loves to read and run he is 12 years old with red hair.
2) Amanda lives on the east end she likes to read she is 12 years old has black skin and long black hair.
3) Grayson is a kind giving old guy. he does not know how to read. he for the park zoo and he is tall
This story takes place in the east end and west end. The people with black skin live in the east end and the people with white skin live in the west end. The town is called two mills.
Point of view
The point of view is 3rd person. I know this because the author used words like "she" and "he".A example of this is "Maniac Magee was not born in a dump"
The conflict of the story is that Maniac Cant find a place to live and is going from place to place. This is resolved by him going to the east end and living with the Beals. A excerpt from the book to prove this is, "go home with your own kind fishbelly!!!"
The hidden message in this story is that different people like and won't judge you. So give people a chance
Maniac was a happy, normal child. until his parents died. know he is running away from his aunt and uncle, he went to two mills, a town that separates the black people and the white people. When he was in the east end one day he met a girl named Amanda. one day Amanda invited Maniac over and he ended up living there, until he got a bunch of insults and he ran away again. he went to the park and met Grayson. Grayson was the nicest person Maniac ever met. He bought maniac books and crumpets. he even turned the baseball equipment shed into a little apartment. but then he died. That made maniac so sad. he started to run. He took what he needed, and ran. ran. ran. ran. one time he was in the park zoo in the buffalo pen, Amanda came to tell him that he was living with them. And so he did.