Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ratios, Rates and Proportions Webquest
Transcript of Ratios, Rates and Proportions Webquest
Let's say there are 30 students in your math class, and 16 of them are boys. Write each ratio:
1) girls to boys
2) girls to all students
3) all students to boys
4) boys to girls
15) The ratio of students who wear Toms to students who wear Converse at Bailey is 2:5. If 200 students at Bailey wear Converse how many students wear Toms?
Rates, Ratios and Proportions WebQuest
A ratio is a comparison of two quantities
(amounts) with the same unit of measure.
There are 3 WAYS TO WRITE ratios:
as a fraction
using a colon
2 apples : 3 pears
using the word "to"
2 apples to 3 pears
A proportion is the equality of two ratios or rates.
This elementary student is learning to count Skittles.
Help this student write each ratio:
5) Orange to yellow 6) Yellow to purple
7) Purple to orange 8) Green to orange
9) Green to yellow 10) Orange to green
11) Are these two ratios proportional?
How do you know?
In fact, they ARE!
By multiplying the cross products, we find that:
3(16) = 4(12)
48 = 48
Determine if the two ratios are proportional. If they are not proportional, then create proportional ratios from one of the ratios:
How did you do? Let's check.
80 students wear Toms!
22) An I-Pod shuffle has 2 gigabytes of storage and can hold about 500 songs. An I-Pod Nano has 80 gigabytes of storage. About how many songs can the I-Pod Nano hold?
23) Justin Beiber went to the recording studio to start his new album. He recorded 4 songs in 3 hours. How many hours would it take Justin to record 9 songs at the same rate?
33) For the last problem
of this WebQuest, you must
turn on your math brain!
Please write your own proportional