Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Expository Essay
You don't know?
You seriously don't know?
Fine. I'll tell you.
An expository essay is a genre of essay that requires an individual to investigate an idea, evaluate evidence, expound on the idea, and set forth an argument concerning that idea in a clear and concise manner.
What in the world is that?
Expository writing is a type of writing where the purpose is to explain, inform, or even describe.
From what I know
An expository essay is a type of
essay which explains certain ideas via facts.
Stephanie Nicole M. Cristobal
It should be based on facts
and facts alone.
about what you
Clearly state your thesis
Keep your ideas organized
Carefully choose your words
Construct your sentences properly
How to write an effective
Don't get too wordy
End your essay with something powerful
Start your essay with something interesting
AWESOMELY CONSTRUCTED ESSAYS WOULD CAPTURE THE READER'S ATTENTION
> Show. Don't just tell
> Paraphrase relevant stories and/or facts
> Organization varies
> Address separate aspects of the topic in different paragraphs
> Elaborate on key components
> Support the main idea of each paragraph with specific details and examples
THAT'S ABOUT IT!
FOLLOW THE GIVEN TIPS
AND YOU'LL BE WRITING LIKE A PRO!
* Take notes
* Create an outline
* The most important sentence in the introductory paragraph is the topic sentence.
* Each of the body paragraphs should cover separate points.
* The concluding paragraph should support the thesis.
* Write in third person
* Correct grammatical errors
* Edit to improve style
* Share your essay
* Ask for feedback
The essay's structure
is being held by the following:
Your essay is easy to perceive
Be brief but make it comprehensive
It should present the topic of your paper
Would you continue reading a book with a terrible first page?
Would you still watch the entire movie if the first 10 minutes is the film was horrid?
I'm sure I wouldn't.
SO, CAPTURE YOUR READERS' ATTENTION AND
DON'T BORE THEM!
Start your essay with puns, quotation, question, etc. Make sure you keep them interested!
Thank you for reading!