Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teachers: the major players in the education process
Transcript of Teachers: the major players in the education process
1. All adults in the school recognize that:
there are differences between teachers
all place high value on having major positive effects on all students
all are vigilant about building expertise
2. The school has convincing evidence that all of its teachers are passionate and inspired.
Five Dimensions of Excellent Teachers
guide learning to deep understanding
assess learning and provide feedback
develop self-reliance and motivation for mastery in students
Prove with evidence that they are good teachers
3. The school has a professional development program that:
enhances content knowledge
supports teacher learning by analytical observation and constructive evaluation
helps teachers to figure out ways to give students feedback
attends to students' affective attributes
develops the teacher's ability to influence students' learning
4. The school's professional development aims to help teachers towards:
troubleshooting their own instructional methods
understanding situations as they unfold
being aware of other influencing factors on students
using trial and error in their teaching
showing passion for teaching and learning
teaching students to use higher level thinking
Visible Learning -
Checklist for Inspired and Passionate Teaching
5. Professionalism in the school is achieved by teachers and school leaders working together to achieve "visible learning inside".