Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Military “Superpowers” Re-Cap
Transcript of Military “Superpowers” Re-Cap
What is containment? United States Active Role
in world Affairs The rebuilding and defense (NATO) of Europe to help make the policy of containment happen. The Marshall Plan Help World War II
Enemies U.S. provide military protection and economic ($$$) support for Germany and Japan.
U.S. Wanted to contain USSR. The Wars in Asia Wanted to stop communism spreading, part of the policy of containment.
The Korean War - stalemate
The Vietnam War - communist took over nation Contain communism by isolating Cuba
Supporting pro-American dictators (fwd to image) GHES 5th Grade Military “Superpowers” Re-Cap (Video: 2:50) Middle East U.S. guaranteed the right of Israel to exist
Warned Soviet Union to stay out of disputes in Middle East. (fwd to image) Superpowers U.S. and Soviet Union developed:
nuclear weapons & space technology.
To protect themselves from each other.
Became the world's military
"superpowers." Video: 3:23